Social Media and Communications Internship with Council Member Ben KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Summer Internship with Council Member Ben KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Summer Internship in NYCKorean American League for Civic Actions (KALCA)
2014 Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program - Department of EnergyVARCom Solutions
Legislative District OfficeLegislative District 16
Congressional District InternshipBookmark This
Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
33 Lowell Street
DescriptionCongresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
District Office Internship Program
District Intern Coordinator
An internship in our District Office encompasses a variety of tasks and assignments, all critical to the best functioning of the office. Interns assist district staff by responding to constituent requests, developing reports, and compiling research on targeted issues. The position will also include data entry and analysis, answering phones, conducting specific research, work on special projects and other activities.
Hours and pay:
• Interns are required to work a minimum of 15 hours (9:00am-5:00pm) per week for the entirety of the semester; fall, spring, or summer.
• This position is a volunteer position; a stipend is not available.
Benefits will include:
• College level credit (if applicable)
• Close interaction with the District Staff and occasional interaction with Congresswoman
**Internships are available year-round. Our office has current openings that are available immediately.
For Internships in our D.C. office please see the internship page on our website: shea-porter.house.gov
• Direct phone calls
• Manage constituent database
• Respond to requests for information and record constituent concerns
• Assist district staff with projects, research, and other administrative tasks
• Draft constituent correspondence
• The ability to produce professional work when assisting with projects
• The ability to assume responsibility for projects and follow through with all assignments
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs
• An ability to work in a variety of environments
Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Elise Britton via email at: Elise.Britton@mail.house.gov