Legislative InternFL State Legislature-House District 102
Winter Internship with NYC Council Member KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Personal Assiatant (PA)Honorary Cadets Youth Leadership Academy
Advocacy Associate Public Relations Internship WorkstudyWill of the People Constitutional Authority
Interns Needed for Various Divisions with City AgencyDepartment of Consumer Affairs
Congressional District InternshipBookmark This
Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
33 Lowell Street
DescriptionCongresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
District Office Internship Program
District Intern Coordinator
An internship in our District Office encompasses a variety of tasks and assignments, all critical to the best functioning of the office. Interns assist district staff by responding to constituent requests, developing reports, and compiling research on targeted issues. The position will also include data entry and analysis, answering phones, conducting specific research, work on special projects and other activities.
Hours and pay:
• Interns are required to work a minimum of 15 hours (9:00am-5:00pm) per week for the entirety of the semester; fall, spring, or summer.
• This position is a volunteer position; a stipend is not available.
Benefits will include:
• College level credit (if applicable)
• Close interaction with the District Staff and occasional interaction with the Congresswoman.
**Internships are available year-round. Our office has current openings that are available immediately.
For Internships in our D.C. office please see the internship page on our website: shea-porter.house.gov
• Direct phone calls
• Manage constituent database
• Respond to requests for information and record constituent concerns
• Assist district staff with projects, research, and other administrative tasks
• Draft constituent correspondence
• The ability to produce professional work when assisting with projects
• The ability to assume responsibility for projects and follow through with all assignments
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs
• An ability to work in a variety of environments
Please submit resume and cover letter to Elise Britton, District Intern Coordinator, via email at: Elise.Britton@mail.house.gov