Social Media and Communications Internship with Council Member Ben KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Summer Internship with Council Member Ben KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Summer Internship in NYCKorean American League for Civic Actions (KALCA)
2014 Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program - Department of EnergyVARCom Solutions
Legislative District OfficeLegislative District 16
DoIT Innovation Internship - Summer 2014Bookmark This
Department of Innovation and Technology
1 City Hall Plaza
DescriptionThe Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) is offering competitive paid internships to highly motivated and qualified students. Gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, and learn about the emergence of innovation in municipal government.
The Department of Innovation and Technology (DoIT) is the City of Boston’s enterprise technology organization that provides solutions to empower business partners across City departments and deliver services more efficiently and effectively. DoIT is focused on connecting the City, engaging and empowering citizens, improving business processes, working collaboratively and continuously innovating.
Interns will be working in the Department of Innovation & Technology at Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Plaza, Boston, MA 02201. Summer interns must be available to work at least 35 hours per week, however part-time internships may also be available. Starting and ending dates of internships are flexible. Interns are encouraged to extend their internship to build upon existing knowledge of the city’s technology infrastructure.
• Application Development
• IT Project Management
• Virtual infrastructure
• Business Analysis
• Infrastructure Support
• Systems Management
• Storage Management
• Talent Management
Suggested Areas of Study:
• Public Policy
• Computer Science
• Public Administration
• Information Technology
• Information Systems
• Applicants must be pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited University or College.
• Applicants must be Boston residents at the time of their internship.
• While all applicants will be considered, applicants with an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Innovative: Brings fresh perspectives from top research and professional institutions to the organization, and offers unique outside view points and experiences to DoIT.
• Analytical: Dedicated to becoming a change agent by gaining experience in different aspects of the department and suggesting improvements to commonly held assumptions.
• Energetic: Provides enthusiasm and focused energy to important, high-priority City projects and initiatives.
• Demonstrated Leadership Experience
• Public Service Commitment
• Motivation to Succeed
• Strong Communication Skills
If you’re interested in applying, please complete the following:
• Submit your resume to Kevin Parker at DoITCareers@CityofBoston.gov.
• Complete the DoIT Innovation Internship Application.
All applications should be submitted by May 15th, 2014 to be considered.
Visit our website for more information regarding our initiatives: http://www.cityofboston.com/doit