NYC Councilmember-elect Ben Kallos is seeking spring internsKallos For Council
FEMA Region II - Community Preparedness / Emergency Management InternFederal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Homeownership Services InternWashington County HRA
Government Relations InternNAADAC
Percent For Art Program InternsPercent For Art, NYC DCLA
Government Relations & Business Development Intern for L3 Public StrategiesBookmark This
Lawson Brooks Enterprises, LLC
DescriptionA virtual position for a government relations and business development consulting practice. L3 Public Strategies is a three year old endeavor designed to assist private and public sector clients on a variety business and government issues. L3 Public Strategies operates as a completely accountable extension of our clients' staff and is committed to achieving the most successful outcome possible by providing personalized quality service. Whether it’s confidential counseling to strategically position a product, service or idea, gaining access to an to an important decision-maker or solving a complex political or business issue, we help our clients achieve their desired results in the most productive, yet cost effective manner
Responsibilities* At the direction of the principal, the GA/BD intern will be responsible for researching company and government websites to identify opportunities for L3PS to build its client base, as well as identifying necessary certifications.
* Developing and utilizing relationships with government staffers, client representatives and prospects to identify business opportunities of L3PS and its clients.
* Assist in the publishing of the company's monthly newsletter.
* Working with principal to identify funding sources and venues for special events.
* Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records.
* Other tasks as they arise.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and educate via written, oral and visual media. Social media and research skills are a must.
* An innovative and driven self-starter with problem solving skills and a desire to make a reputation and use this endeavor as a stepping stone.
* But most of all, this position requires someone who will not only be an active learner, but also someone who will venture beyond the bounds of the job description and do what it takes to become indispensable and get it done while having fun. An healthy interest in government, politics and business is a plus.