Health and Human Services InternCity of Des Plaines
Oliver Reservoir TechnicianSouth Platte Natural Resources District
SEC Business Program InternshipU.S. Securities & Exchange Commisison
Grants Management Internship - Federal Emergency Management Agency - FEMA Region IIFederal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Emergency Management Mitigation Internship: Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA Region II-DHS)Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Government Relations InternBookmark This
1001 N Fairfax Street, Suite 201
DescriptionThe Government Relations Intern will work directly with the Executive Director to support advocacy initiatives. Tasks might include covering meetings on the Hill, working with members to develop grassroots strategies, responding to NAADAC members’ queries regarding public policy initiatives, and supporting the work of the Executive Director to develop awareness of the disease of addiction and its impact on the counselor and client. Those with an interest in public policy, and government relations should apply.
COMMITMENT & COMPENSATION:
The time commitment is 15-20 hours a week. Compensation is $300 a month. School credit may also be available. Full-time internships at a higher rate of compensation are also available.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please email writing sample, cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with "Internship" in the subject line.
Also, in your cover letter, please include information that answers the following questions:
Do you have any experience in health issues?
Have you taken any relevant coursework?
When you are available? Please include the days, times and dates.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to government relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.