Press InternshipUnited States House of Representatives
Government Relations and Communications InternDistrict of Columbia Public Charter School Board
School Quality and Accountability (SQA) Intern (2 - 3 hours per week)District of Columbia Public Charter School Board
Elected State Offical Seeks InternsBoard of Equalization - Office of Vice Chair Diane Harkey
Legal InternMA Office on Disability
Client Services InternMA Office on Disability
Communications InternMA Office on Disability
Graduate InternSan Gabriel Valley Council of Governments
Athletics in Parks & Recreation DepartmentBookmark This
City of Clearwater
706 N. Missouri Avenue
Posted: December 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis position is available with the Athletics division of Parks and Recreation with the City of Clearwater. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of more than 230 full time and part time employees, 60 professional contract employees, 150 umpires, referees and officials, and 500 volunteers. If you are interested in a fast paced experience then the City of Clearwater is definitely the place for you! This position is full time and is stipend pay ($100 week based on 36/40 per week).
Responsibilities• Plan and execute large collegiate level tournaments to include: Operations, logistics, marketing, staffing, lighting and hospitality
• Learn how to run local adult baseball and softball leagues and co-sponsor programs
• Learn budget, staffing, and customer service needs to fulfill a year round, multi-sport recreation program to include but not limited to: Girls fastpitch softball, baseball, lacrosse, tennis, football, cheerleading, soccer. Watersports such as sailing, windsurfing and beach volleyball.
• Learn how to program, budget and manage 54 different athletic fields in tournaments, leagues and/or local programming.
• Learn sports tourism and the economic impact that it has on a community. Be involved in the promotion of sports tourism in the Clearwater Florida area.
Requirements• Student obtaining a Degree in Sport Management, Parks Recreation & Tourism, Sport Business, Recreation & Park Management, Outdoor Recreation, Business or Marketing
• Have a love for Sports and Recreation and want to pursue a career in this field
• Have a working knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience using Social Media is a plus
• Experience in Photography is a plus
• Actively demonstrate the ideals for healthy living, i.e. tobacco free/smoke free workplace
• Able to work full time. 36/40 hours per week.
• Able to work a flexible schedule.
• Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Able to work outside as well as in an office environment