SUMMER INTERNSHIP WITH PROGRESSIVE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL MEMBER BEN KALLOSCouncil Member Ben Kallos
SUMMER COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP WITH PROGRESSIVE CITY COUNCIL MEMBERCouncil Member Ben Kallos
Student InternCounty of Placer
Fall 2017 InternshipOffice of the Governor
Community Outreach InternAhn For Congress Campaign
GIS InternArapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority
City of Indianapolis | Mayor's Office Internship Program - Fall 2017City of Indianapolis | Mayor's Office
Communications, Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Town of Boonton
100 Washington Street
Posted: September 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe town of Boonton, NJ is seeking a Communications, Social Media & Community Management Intern. Current students or under/unemployed applicants welcomed. The position will allow the intern to participate in building, managing and producing content for a communication system geared for keeping residents informed.
An application and interview is required for consideration and can be completed at http://www.boonton.org/community/volunteer.
Residents of Boonton or the surrounding area highly preferred.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Writes content for and manages production of a quarterly newsletter
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in traditional communications, social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Social Media, Newsletter Production, Writing and Editing, Administrative Assistant, Newsletter Writing
Preferred - Microsoft Publisher