Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
City Council Campaign InternshipKallos For council
Legislative InternOffice of Congressman Glenn Grothman
Planning InternCity of Gresham
Internship in the Office of Congresswoman Herrera BeutlerU.S. House of Representatives
Emergency Managment InternSeminole County
Community Outreach InternOffice of Assemblyman Michael Blake
Cyber Security AnalystBookmark This
1803 Research Blvd #204
Posted: September 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMAR (MD), LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst located in the Rockville, MD area to support the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The Cyber Security Analyst acts as a subject matter expert in his/her field of federal information system Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) lifecycle process. He/she will be responsible for planning, developing, finalizing, and reviewing key deliverables in each stage of the SA&A process. As a result, a strong understanding of standards and requirements outlined by FISMA, NIST, OMB and others are required. The Cyber Security Analyst will be actively engaged in identifying unique system characteristics, interviewing key organizational personnel (technical, administrative, and executive), working with the IT Security consulting team to compose requisite documentation (security categorizations, risk assessments, contingency plans, security test & evaluation reports, vulnerability assessment reports, etc.), and mapping complex technical requirements, functionality, and capabilities to prescribed security controls, policies, and practices.
EXP. LEVEL: Minimum of 4 years working in the SA&A field and at least 2 years information systems, computer science, or related fields (may be concurrent).
EDUCATION: BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science, or 4 years additional equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The ability to obtain NRC Clearance
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION: Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Developing security artifacts and/or standards and policies across multiple IT platforms, including: Mainframe, Client Server, and Web-based systems.
• Understanding the capabilities associated with the security monitoring products across all IT platforms.
• Ensuring that the policies reflect current standards in place including FISMA and other industry standards.
• Monitoring compliance and conducts periodic reviews of policies.
RequirementsSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Working face-to-face with multiple stakeholders interviewing, planning, or participating in a team effort to bring multiple complex projects to fruition in a highly motivated, fast paced environment.
2. Development of SA&A process documents
3. Conducting in-depth technical reviews of new and existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
4. Analyze business models, workflows, and organizational dimensions as they relate to the design, implementation and support of the information system.
5. Providing ongoing gap analysis of current policies, practices, and procedures as they relate to established guidelines outlined by NIST, OMB, FISMA, etc.
6. Knowledge of IT security architecture and design (firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Virtual Private Networking, and virus protection technologies -- behavioral based a plus).
7. Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies. Hands-on experience a plus.
8. Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems.
9. The ideal candidate is very detailed oriented with strong written and oral communication skills as well as a strong technical background.
This position has excellent career growth potential and you will be working for a premier government agency. Candidate must be able to obtain a government agency clearance.
MAR (MD), LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.