Campaign InternshipKallos For council
Recruiting & Training Division Intern (Police Department)City of College Station
Criminal Investigations Intern (Police Department)City of College Station
Crime Victim Advocacy Intern (Police Department)City of College Station
Crime Analysis Intern (Police Department)City of College Station
Accreditation & Compliance Intern (Police Department)City of College Station
Political and Marketing InternshipNYC Democratic Political Campaign
2017 Summer InternshipThe Advance Group
EOLA InternBookmark This
CA State Controller- Office of Betty Yee
888 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 2050
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: May 17 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInterns in the Los Angeles office of State Controller Betty T. Yee will assist staff members in executing their duties to engage the Southern California community.
TERM and HOURS:
Summer 2017, intern working hours will occur during normal business hours (9am-5pm). A 20-40 hours/week schedule is preferred.
Interns are unpaid during the course of their work in the office, students that can receive credit through their schools are highly encouraged to apply.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Professional demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills with thoroughness and careful attention to detail
• Knowledge of state/local government
• Interest in state/local government finance/budgets, taxes, and financial education
• Community minded attitude
• Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of office computer applications and equipment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
TASKS and DUTIES:
• Assist with handling phone calls and correspondence with constituents, filing and other office administrative work
• Draft correspondence, letters and certificates of recognition for upcoming events
• Assist with coordinating community workshops, on topics including: personal finances, consumer protection, and unclaimed property
• Assist with staffing the Controller at events and meetings
• Assist with conducting community outreach and engagement, attending and preparing for community events and meetings with staff
• Other tasks as assigned
• Spanish speaker preferred
For questions and to apply, send a resume expressing interest to Thomas Wong, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions and to apply, send a resume and short cover letter to Thomas Wong, email@example.com.