Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
City Council Campaign InternshipKallos For council
Legislative InternOffice of Congressman Glenn Grothman
Planning InternCity of Gresham
Internship in the Office of Congresswoman Herrera BeutlerU.S. House of Representatives
Emergency Managment InternSeminole County
Community Outreach InternOffice of Assemblyman Michael Blake
Office InternBookmark This
Office of Supervisor Mark Farrell
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett
San Francisco, CA
Posted: July 21 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSupervisor Mark Farrell represents District 2, which includes the Presidio, Marina, Cow Hollow, Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Anza Vista, Laurel Heights, Jordan Park, the Lake Street corridor, Sea Cliff and parts of Russian Hill.
Supervisor Farrell was elected in November 2010 by the voters of District 2, after his first campaign for elected office. Supervisor Farrell currently serves as Chair of the Budget and Finance Committee, as a Member of the Transportation Authority, as a Member of the Transportation Authority’s Plans and Programs Committee, as a member of the Transportation Authority’s Vision Zero Committee, as a Member of the State Legislation Committee, as a Member of the Health Service System Board, on the Department of Emergency Management Disaster Council, and on the 2016-17 Super Bowl Bid Committee.
Supervisor Farrell is a born and raised San Franciscan, and grew up in the neighborhoods of District 2. He attended both Stuart Hall and Saint Ignatius, and subsequently received his B.A. from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, his M.A. from University College Dublin in Ireland, and J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in Philadelphia.
Prior to being elected to the Board of Supervisors, Supervisor Farrell practiced law as a corporate and securities attorney at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Silicon Valley for 3 years, joined Thomas Weisel Partners as an investment banker where he was an integral part of the Internet & Digital Media team for over 5 years, and subsequently co-founded Quest Hospitality Ventures, a San Francisco-based venture capital firm focused on the hospitality and travel sector.
Supervisor Farrell is focused on creating long-term, sustainable policies for District 2 and San Francisco. His legislative priorities include economic development, neighborhood vitality, public safety and quality of life issues which affect all San Franciscans.
Interning at our office will give students hands-on experience with the day-to-day operations of an elected-representative's office.
Responsibilities- Interns' primary responsibility is front-desk support assisting constituents and members of the public who call or come into the Supervisor's office.
- Interns help solve district-related or constituent concerns by researching the issue and proposing solutions which often include coordinating with staff across the City government and working with outside organizations.
- Interns receive comments from concerned individuals and organizations who wish to share their ideas, concerns, or opinions on legislation coming before the Board, public policy, and important community events.
- Interns will help with a variety of office tasks including answering phones; responding to correspondence; maintaining constituent databases; and drafting copy for press releases, newsletters, certificates of honor, etc..
- Interns may be asked to provide research assistance to the Supervisor's staf
RequirementsFirst and foremost, a strong interest in public service is required. In addition, we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Familiarity with common office computing platforms, i.e. Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Google spreadsheets
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Answering Telephones
Preferred - Microsoft Excel