President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition InternshipBookmark This
President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition
1101 Wootton Parkway
Posted: July 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTerm: Spring, Summer, or Fall
Length: 12-week minimum with flexible start/end dates
Hours: Minimum of 20 hours/week
The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition (PCFSN) internship position provides the opportunity to gain valuable office, communications, and partnership development experience. The intern will have the opportunity to work with both the Communications and Partnerships teams to support their work in lifting up the mission of the Council. General intern duties include working with both teams to support the development of programs and initiatives, outreach materials, and awareness efforts to improve the health and quality of life for all Americans.
Intern Duties Include:
• Supporting the partnership agreement process
• Assist with developing communications content for the President’s Council website and social media
• Assist with coordinating and execution of events
• Tracking the media hits and activities of the Council members
• Providing general support to the President’s Council office
NOTE: A semester-long research project will be presented to the PCFSN staff at the conclusion of the internship.
Interested candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate program or graduate-level program related to public health, fitness promotion, nutrition, exercise physiology, business administration, communications, public affairs, or similar fields.
• Excellent research, writing and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
• Self-motivated, energetic, and positive
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
The internship is unpaid; however, candidates enrolled in a college/graduate program are eligible for credit hours at the discretion of their respective institution. The office is located in Rockville, Maryland, which is accessible by car, bus and the Red Line on the Washington, DC, Metro system. Please send a cover letter, detailing your availability (full- or part-time), and resume to email@example.com with “PCFSN Communications and Partnership Internship” in the subject line. For more information on PCFSN activities and programs, call (240) 276-9567 or visit http://fitness.gov/.
About the President’s Council:
PCFSN was created in 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower as the President’s Council on Youth Fitness, and over the years has evolved into what is currently known as the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition. The President’s Council's mission is to engage, educate, and empower all Americans to adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes regular physical activity and good nutrition.