Intern with Democratic State Senator-elect Steve Fenberg SD18State Senator Steve Fenberg SD18
Government Affairs Research Intern - Spring 2017The Franklin Partnership
Press InternshipUnited States House of Representatives
Government Relations and Communications InternDistrict of Columbia Public Charter School Board
School Quality and Accountability (SQA) Intern (2 - 3 hours per week)District of Columbia Public Charter School Board
Elected State Offical Seeks InternsBoard of Equalization - Office of Vice Chair Diane Harkey
Legal InternMA Office on Disability
Client Services InternMA Office on Disability
State Program CoordinatorBookmark This
YMCA of Austin Association Office
3208 Red River St Suite 100
Posted: April 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the direction of the YMCA Texas Youth & Government Program State Director the Intern-Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Texas Youth & Government Program efforts.
Texas Youth & Government (YG) is a statewide civic education and leadership program. The mission is to help teenagers become responsible citizens and future leaders of our nation. High school and middle school students participate in a civic engagement and service-learning program that offers students the opportunity to serve in a model government process at the local, state, and national levels. In the fall, clubs compete at District Conference, and the top individuals and teams advance to the State Conference in January.
• Support needs of the Texas Youth and Government Program as it relates to program activities, social media management, arranging and preparing for meetings/events.
• Create platform for volunteer engagement, training and recruitment for Texas Youth and Government Program.
• Support production of quarterly newsletter and other communication with supervision.
• Help coordinate and recruit other volunteers to assist at major events.
Special Events - VIP Luncheon & State Conference: Help with details of special events, which include but are not limited to:
• Making follow up phone calls leading up to event
• Writing thank you notes after events
• Sending out emails to volunteers
• Gather supplies as needed for each event
• Help coordinate other volunteers to sign up to help with events
Program Administration: Help with details of Administration, which include but are not limited to:
• Email and phone communication to volunteers as needed
• Process outgoing mail/email for invites, event and program communication
• Operate office machines, filing, database entry and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills:
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently (when needed);
• Ability to carry out detailed, but uncomplicated written or oral instructions;
• Excellent organization, communication, writing and problem solving skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects while staying organized;
• Work well with Y staff, YG participants, vendors and Y volunteers.
• Ability to follow through and handle projects responsibly and keep YG State Director informed.
Requirements• Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
• Reliable transportation to attend work
• Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Must have high school diploma
• Some college experience preferred