Intern - Government and Legislative AffairsFarm Credit Mid-America
Mitigation Planning Unit InternFlorida Division of Emergency Management
Natural Hazards Unit InternFlorida Division of Emergency Management
Connecticut Siting Council InternshipConnecticut Siting Council
January Internship with Progressive New York City Council Member Ben KallosCouncil Member Ben Kallos
NATIONAL SECURITY NUCLEAR / SATELLITE / INFRASTRUCTURE CYBER ANALYSTNational Security Consulting & Investigations PLLC
NATIONAL SECURITY CYBER COUNTER-TERRORISM INTELLIGENCE ANALYST INTERN : GRADUATES/UNDERGRADUATESNational Security Consulting & Investigations PLLC
NATIONAL SECURITY CYBER COUNTER-TERRORISM ESPIONAGE ANALYST INTERN : VETERAN/LEO SET ASIDE ONLYNational Security Consulting & Investigations PLLC
State Program CoordinatorBookmark This
YMCA of Austin Association Office
3208 Red River St Suite 100
Posted: April 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the direction of the YMCA Texas Youth & Government Program State Director the Intern-Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Texas Youth & Government Program efforts.
Texas Youth & Government (YG) is a statewide civic education and leadership program. The mission is to help teenagers become responsible citizens and future leaders of our nation. High school and middle school students participate in a civic engagement and service-learning program that offers students the opportunity to serve in a model government process at the local, state, and national levels. In the fall, clubs compete at District Conference, and the top individuals and teams advance to the State Conference in January.
• Support needs of the Texas Youth and Government Program as it relates to program activities, social media management, arranging and preparing for meetings/events.
• Create platform for volunteer engagement, training and recruitment for Texas Youth and Government Program.
• Support production of quarterly newsletter and other communication with supervision.
• Help coordinate and recruit other volunteers to assist at major events.
Special Events - VIP Luncheon & State Conference: Help with details of special events, which include but are not limited to:
• Making follow up phone calls leading up to event
• Writing thank you notes after events
• Sending out emails to volunteers
• Gather supplies as needed for each event
• Help coordinate other volunteers to sign up to help with events
Program Administration: Help with details of Administration, which include but are not limited to:
• Email and phone communication to volunteers as needed
• Process outgoing mail/email for invites, event and program communication
• Operate office machines, filing, database entry and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills:
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently (when needed);
• Ability to carry out detailed, but uncomplicated written or oral instructions;
• Excellent organization, communication, writing and problem solving skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects while staying organized;
• Work well with Y staff, YG participants, vendors and Y volunteers.
• Ability to follow through and handle projects responsibly and keep YG State Director informed.
Requirements• Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
• Reliable transportation to attend work
• Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Must have high school diploma
• Some college experience preferred