Content WriterOur Community is Our Land
Intern with Democratic State Senator-elect Steve Fenberg SD18State Senator Steve Fenberg SD18
Government Affairs Research Intern - Spring 2017The Franklin Partnership
Press InternshipUnited States House of Representatives
Government Relations and Communications InternDistrict of Columbia Public Charter School Board
School Quality and Accountability (SQA) Intern (2 - 3 hours per week)District of Columbia Public Charter School Board
Elected State Offical Seeks InternsBoard of Equalization - Office of Vice Chair Diane Harkey
Legal InternMA Office on Disability
Training Assistant Intern - Volunteer - AlbanyBookmark This
Office of the New York State Attorney General
Posted: August 30 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDivision of Administration
Legal Education & Professional Development Bureau
Training Assistant Intern - Volunteer - Albany
Reference No. LEPD_ALB_TA/VUGS
The Legal Education & Professional Development Bureau (LEPD) of the Office of the New York State Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a talented and qualified graduate or undergraduate (rising junior or higher) intern to assist with all the logistics involved with developing, administering and deploying a robust training and professional development curriculum and schedule. This position is unpaid.
LEPD is responsible for providing professional development opportunities and skills training to all OAG employees, including continuing legal education programs for OAG and other New York State government attorneys. The selected student will assist the training team in Albany with all aspects of administering and executing the training and professional development curriculum and schedule.
Students may either volunteer or earn course credit, as approved by their school. Applicants must be full-time students and be able to work a minimum of fifteen (15) hours/week up to full-time for 37.5 hours/week. Given the scope of the projects/initiatives that will be assigned, the student must be able to commit to an internship/externship of at least a semester in length. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year for the fall, spring and summer terms. Applicants are asked to indicate their availability in their cover letter.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
ResponsibilitiesAssignments will include but not be limited to:
• Assist with set-up, registration, customer support and troubleshooting technical issues during the training program;
• Record training content by taking notes, videos and/or photos and help with post-production editing;
• Prepare and send correspondence/emails to promote upcoming training opportunities and to respond to customer inquiries;
• Develop customer feedback surveys;
• Prepare program materials and reports;
• Review training materials and assist with research related to course development; and
• Other duties as assigned.
***********PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION VIA INTERNSHIPS.COM*********
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A POSITION PLEASE VISIT AG.NY.GOV/JOB-POSTINGS TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our website by visiting ag.ny.gov/job-postings
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson
RequirementsWe seek applicants with the following qualifications:
• Excellent writing and analytical skills;
• Detail-oriented and highly organized;
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service acumen and professionalism, as well as the ability to work well with employees from all staffing levels;
• Proficiency in MS Office and Survey Monkey; and
• Experience using both video and still cameras as well as knowledge of video and image editing software is a plus.