Designer/Graphic DesignerBookmark This
605 Valley Rd
Upper Montclair, NJ
DescriptionSearching for a designer to work independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. Intern designer may, on occasion, work directly with account service, or with production artists and outside contractors (freelancers and vendors) to complete design requirements, but more typically will works under the direction of the art director and creative director. Interns will report to the creative director, designated art director or copywriter.
Responsibilities• Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
• Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
• Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
• Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as required per assignment, under supervision of designated art director/senior art director/creative director, and in conjunction with production manager to meet assigned deadlines.
• Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires.
• Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
• Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative