GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNBookmark This
MAKE A HOME FOUNDATION
23 Commercial Street
DescriptionMake A Home Foundation has been providing FREE gently used furniture and household items in Connecticut since 2010. Our mission through outreach and support has helped at risk individuals "Make A Home." We provide Veterans, crisis victims, people and families and other qualified applicants with the very basic furnishings to start over again. Our dedicated staff, Volunteers and strong community partnerships work to solve many community concerns. Additionally, through an increased awareness of our environmental footprint, MAHF effectively redistributes furniture that would otherwise end up in local landfills.
We are looking for a design intern to help create a cohesive look across all of our marketing platforms, develop and implement ideas to improve the web design of our current websites, and join in on other day-to-day projects that arise. We are seeking someone who sees an internship as an opportunity to contribute on a larger scale, not merely a resume builder. This is the opportunity to shape the visual identity of our company and be part an experienced, talented team.
• Design web and print assets for campaigns, programs and events
• Contribute ideas for MAHFCT.org graphic design growth, including our website redesign
• Increase site usability and appeal through design
• Help with the creation of visual aids, including info graphics and motion graphics
• Create print materials sent directly to agencies and corporations
• Help create graphic assets for social media
• Work on semester-long projects that will be implemented in the organization
• Create banner ads to be seen on many various forms of media (print, web, television)
• Create materials for pitches to potential sponsors and partners
Applicant should be proficient in graphic design programs, specifically Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. They should have knowledge of basic HTML and CSS and excellent communication skills: solid grammar and ability to convey message clearly. Junior or Senior status only.