Website InternBookmark This
Georgia Sports Foundation
1301 Shiloh Road
DescriptionGeorgia State Games
(Georgia’s Grass Roots Olympics)
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Events Projects and Programs.
• We are seeking top level, organized, team oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year's events. Housing is also available.
• This internship is NOT for the student looking to get by, be a social butterfly or to party for the semester.
• All applicants must have strong graphic design skills and experiences in various computer software programs.
Potential Benefits of a Georgia Games Internship:
This is a tremendous experience! We have tons of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of public relations activities and programs is what they will experience.
• Earn academic credit.
• Great Portfolio opportunity with at least 50 projects.
• Real life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide.
• Internships include semester-long positions.
• Internship program has been offered for over 22 years
• Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
• Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
• Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
The Website Interns are responsible for designing a multitude of projects and assisting 20 other staff members with all of their projects for their website and creating new ones.
RequirementsRequirements / Placement:
• Should have an extensive knowledge of website html / graphic design software.
• Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
• Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
• Should have a basic knowledge of many of our sports.
• Helpful, but not required, to have some experience in t-shirt printing or knowledge.
• Work well with others as pat of a team
• Solid work ethic, able to meet tight deadlines
Go to www.georgiagames.org under internships and complete an:
2) Sports questionnaire
4) Cover letter.
5) Sample graphic design work
Submit ASAP via email to: email@example.com.
Offered throughout the year:
Beginning in one of three semesters: January, May and August Semesters.