Spring 2015 Intern, Graphic Design for Beauty Brand InternshipDelush Polish
*Virtual* Graphic Designer Adiree - PR | Branding | Communications | Operations Company in New YorkAdiree
Graphic Design InternProfitable Personal Brand
Graphic Design InternKotaroDesign LLC
Graphic designerGo Pro Kids LLC
Graphic Design Intern FALLBookmark This
6 East 39th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionPress4Kids is a publisher of daily news applications for young readers. Our belief is that children deserve a safe, age-appropriate tool to help them understand current events and to learn how those events affect the world around them. We provide an instrument to empower children with the knowledge that they themselves have the capacity to change their world. The heart of our mission is to inspire a daily reading routine. Highly interactive and engaging, Press4Kids aims to revolutionize the news experience and inspire a generation of children to become dedicated readers of the news — and well-informed global citizens. ??Our first application, News-O-Matic, contains several games aimed at involving kids with news, geography, and history. They have been created by a team of skille journalist, educators, designers, and entrepreneurs — with the help of a child psychologist and other experts of children's play.
This position assists the Art Director and Editorial Team in the development, implementation and delivery of graphics for our daily IOS news application News-O-Matic, website, and marketing materials.
Responsibilities• Collaborate with Art Director and Editorial Team to execute the most engaging and visually appealing edition each day
• Collaborate to create original illustrations and simple animations to support the content in the stories of the day
• Design creative interactive info-graphics to relay data in a fun, engaging way
• Help coordinate the selection of media (images and video) to accompany the stories of the day
• Edit and retouch stock imagery to fit the format of the publication
• Provide design support in materials beyond the application, including potential advertisements, marketing materials, and a web site
Requirements• MUST be enrolled in accredited graphic design, animation, or illustration program, working towards Bachelor or Masters degree and presently in 3rd or 4th year of program.
• Interest in children’s media and education as well a IOS and Android application development
• High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite as well as strong familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
• Strong typographic and design skills: ability to clearly interpret information in graphic form
• Ability to articulate the value of good design as well as explain and justify specific design decisions
• Ability to design simple web sites with a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
• High Level of attention to detail.
• The ability to collaborate well with and take direction
• Knowledge and experience with sound and video editing is a plus
• Experiences with licensing media (images, video) is a plus
• A “can do” attitude and the ability and willingness to work efficiently and resourcefully in a high-energy collaborative environment
Please submit your resume, samples of original illustrations and/or portfolio address, and a cover letter to email@example.com.
**This position is for college credit only and is not a paid position. Applicants are responsible for working with their University department internship program to provide all the necessary documents needed to complete internship and receive credit.