Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Derrick Simmons Film Works
DescriptionDerrick Simmons Film Works is a small production company based in NYC. Our Internship Program will provide students a carefully monitored work experience with the ability to learn valuable skills relevant to their particular area of study. Students will experience an educational work environment with proper training and will ultimately take with them practical real-world business experiences taught and shared by our current Derrick Simmons Film Works employees. Students will complete their assignment being adequately prepared for an entry-level position in their field.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Knowledge of building websites is a plus.
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback