Graphics Design InternBookmark This
DescriptionPenphoria is an Atlanta-based writing and publishing company that specializes in creating, drafting, editing, proofreading, restructuring, and revising academic, artistic, business, career, creative, literary, music, technical, and web-based writing. Our goal for every project is to ensure its contents are grammatically, mechanically, and structurally sound. In addition, Penphoria will produce, direct, and release fictional and nonfictional stage plays, documentaries, films, television, and web-based series adapted from internal and external literary works.
Penphoria is currently seeking a Graphics Designer (Intern) in Atlanta, GA, to develop flyers, signage, banners, and social media pages, among other promotional activities.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
-Collaborate with Pen team to develop and create web content
-Develop and design Penphoria signs and environmental graphics
-Select images, colors, layouts and prints for website and other online sites
-Collaborate with Pen team to create artwork for apparel and Pen products
-Enhance mock-up designs and drafts
-Create and design promotional material including flyers, brochures, etc.
-Collaborate with printer companies to compare best options for Penphoria graphics and designs
Requirements- Recent graduate, graduate student or currently working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and client feedback
-Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to interact and communicate effectively up, down, across, and outside the firm.
-Must be self-directed, reliable, and maniacally focused in planning and implementing public relations tasks and duties
-Must maintain active participation in continuing education and career development activities and programs
-Must be able to manage own time, establish schedules, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously