Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Newport News, VA
DescriptionAre you a creative person? Do you enjoy the design process? TeachersBox is seeking a qualified graphic design intern to communicate our messages to students and parents using print and online media. The intern will be responsible for creating online and print materials used to promote events and services. Following the existing corporate identity (logo, color scheme, etc), the intern will design postcards, flyers, posters, web banners, slideshows, and other materials.
Responsibilities• Assist with the conception, design and updating of a wide variety of Marketing materials—flyers, brochures, posters, signs/banners, print/web ads etc.
• Assignments include logo design, brochures, book covers, CD cover design and more. Interns will have the opportunity to meet with clients during initial consultations and project development.
• The person selected will be supporting the design staff by helping to create graphics for our website, catalog, logos, facebook and twitter pages and more.
• Key tasks will include illustration, layout, photography and photo manipulation.
• Participate in team and department meetings as required
RequirementsYour Graphic Design Intern Application must include links to examples of your work.
*** Applicants who do not submit a portfolio cannot be considered for this position. ***
Note: Internship Dates are flexible.
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, or similar design software
• Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign, or other desktop publishing application
• Creativity and the ability to develop attractive, engaging designs
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of marketing principles is desirable