Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Online Media Interactive
470 North Clayton Street, Suite 206
DescriptionOnline Media Interactive is seeking a smart, savvy graphic design intern to assist in the development of web, print, promotional, and social media graphic elements. The selected intern will work closely with a project team that includes other OMI staff. Applicants must be available a minimum of 2 to 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months. This is a part-time, unpaid internship on site in our office in Lawrenceville. You can develop a program that suits your academic needs and career interests. We’ll work with you to create a flexible schedule and hours that work for you. We understand that schoolwork comes first.
In the fast paced world of internet marketing, it’s not enough anymore to just have great content. Content like blog posts and social media posts need to look great as well.
We are looking for a hard-working and creative person who sees the macro and the micro. You’ll develop strategies for designs that span both digital and printed materials, including the images, logos, and icons that appear on websites, social media, PowerPoint presentations, and business cards. You’ll also create visual aids, such as simple animations and infographics, for blog posts and e-newsletters.
Responsibilities• Assist with revisions to ongoing client projects and creation of final production files in all professional formats
• May assist with concept and design of various print layouts for different clients including, but not limited to: logos, brochures, catalogs, t-shirts, window signage, interior & exterior signage, direct mail, ad layout, sales collateral, posters, promo cards, POP displays, and other promotional campaigns
• May assist with concept and design of web site layouts, web banners, online ads, and email marketing
• Actively participate in internal client brainstorming sessions by offering ideas to devise concepts, campaigns, and solutions that meets the client's brief and budget
• Respond timely, accurately, and professionally to requests, problems/issues, and projects, both verbal and written
• Consistently meet project deadlines
• Create original artwork and typographic treatments centered around a strong understanding of design principles and visual aesthetics
• Present concepts at various working stages of development for review and direction
• Ensure all graphics are up to a high-level of design quality and detail
• Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment
RequirementsPotential candidates must have a working knowledge of all Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.) Must have experience or working knowledge of motion graphic design. Must have awesome communication skills, an attention to detail, and enthusiasm for a job well done. Must also be a recent graduate, or current undergraduate student, of Graphic Design.
Other Job Requirements:
Fast learner with a strong desire to learn more!
Extremely organized and detail-oriented
Computer & social media savvy
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
High work ethic