Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Believe I Am
DescriptionWe're a fun inspirational apparel and accessories website seeking a nonpaid (for now - we're a startup!) spring/summer intern in Providence, RI. Internship could extend into paid part-time gig come fall. We're ideally looking for someone who will stay on after the summer as we're gearing up for the launch of new products and website projects in the works as well. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow!
We mean business, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously (on the site and in real life) so we're seeking a lighthearted someone who can take on these tasks, but who is also looking for a fun and laid back environment. There is plenty of room for growth, and for you to share your skills, talents and creativity.
Minimum 8-10 hrs a week to start. Remote is ok, but travel to East Side may be required once a week. Or you can come hang here all the time. We have an awesome workspace!
Position is unpaid for now, but working meals/drinks in the office are on us! We will consider payment after the summer. College credit available if ok'd by school.
Please send your resume and brief description of why you're the right fit. Include online writing samples or portfolio if you have them.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback