Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Young Hot and Modern Magazine
DescriptionYoung Hot & Modern is committed to providing interns with hands on experience with journalism, media, public relations, and marketing platforms. At YHM, interns have the opportunity to create vibrant new sections to the upcoming magazine and craft their skills. Prospective interns should have a keen interest in the media industry.
It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Interns must be available to intern for a full-time schedule for the entirety of the program from January to May. A minimum of 5 hours per week will be devoted to the internship.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback