Graphic Design InternBookmark This
La Isha Natural Skincare
DescriptionA small, award-winning, natural skin care company based in Denver Colorado is looking for a creative individual to create in-house graphic design and promotions for online and printed advertising, social media and public relations campaigns.
This is a hands-on internship program that doesn't consist of going for coffee or dry cleaning runs. Designed to be a learning opportunity for a talented artist who is able to think outside-the-box and interested in pursuing a career in graphic design, our intern will have the opportunity to work on local, national and international development campaigns, and contribute insight, ideas and creativity to real-world situations. This internship will give you professional experience in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Our Graphic Design Intern will work with us to conceptualize and execute projects across multi-media platforms. You will play a vital role on this team and be given significant projects that have the potential to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people. Even as an intern, you will be an integral part of a comprehensive design process--from conception, to design, to proofing, to production. This internship is ideal for skilled graphic design students or recent graduates who are looking to learn and be challenged by a highly creative environment.
This internship is an incredible opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and gain valuable real world experience. We welcome those who show a passion for staying up to date with social media trends. A strong willingness to learn, positive attitude, ability to thrive alone or on a team and flexibility is a must! Upon completion of the internship you will receive a recommendation letter from the CEO of the company. Working in our entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment is a great way to build experience on your resume.
ResponsibilitiesInterning with us will give you the opportunity to:
• Create product campaigns that will reach new audiences and attract support for our safe beauty and green environment product platform.
• Create marketing and informational materials highlighting our products for our website, print/ad materials, affiliate program and media/video projects.
• Help create a “kickstarter” type video for our new funding campaign.
• Participate in the creation of promotional and branding materials for our online store, brick and mortar resellers, distributor and affiliate programs, advocacy events, holiday promotions, and national branding and health awareness campaigns.
• Conceptualize and design mailers, newsletters, reports, and briefs for distribution at trade shows to customers and potential clients.
**Please note: You will not be considered for this position without first submitting samples of your work. As a part of your application, please include a link to your online portfolio. If you do not have a portfolio accessible online, please combine your samples into a single downloadable file and email them to CareerOpportunities@La-Isha.com.
• Manipulate graphics, pictures and layouts for website, blogs, newsletters, affiliate program campaigns, sales, holidays and various promotional materials.
• Create and contribute content for newsletter in Constant Contact and marketing copy to promote products and brand awareness.
• Produce monthly newsletter.
• Create graphic design content for tweeting, pinning, blogging (blogger) etc.
RequirementsWe’re looking for someone who has:
• strong organizational skills
• the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• a positive outlook, strong work ethic, and is self-disciplined
• a keen eye for detail, is highly creative and able to think outside-the-box
• an instinctive ability to exercise good judgment in manipulating the elements of design
• extensive knowledge of and working experience with graphic design tools i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash
• good interpersonal skills – ability to work with others, take direction, listen well, communicate and build relationships with others
• a strong familiarity with web design and social media platforms
• the ability to come up to speed quickly
• good business skills – including an understanding of marketing, pop-culture trends, and financial issues
• a knowledge of and interest in healthy living, beauty, women’s issues and natural cosmetics is a definite plus
• proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• owns and has access to a desktop computer or laptop
Preferred Experience and Education:
• An individual currently enrolled in or has a degree in graphic design, art, marketing, computer science, public relations, advertising, communications, journalism or business.