Graphic/Web Design InternBookmark This
The Renaissance Group
DescriptionThe Renaissance Group is one of the country's largest independent consulting and coaching firms which focuses exclusively on the needs of small business owners and organizations. We are looking for an intern who is committed and motivated to gain practical work experience in graphic design and gain exposure to all aspects of marketing.
This internship will offer the right student professional and personal development with practical, hands-on experience and mentorship working under the guidance of the heads of Marketing and Operations.
Interns will be exposed to all facets of business: Leadership, Management, Strategic, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Client Services and have several key elements to add to their portfolio, including all the design elements needed to launch a new line of business.
ResponsibilitiesThe Graphic Design intern will be accountable for:
1. Create new brand identity elements and new style guide.
2. Ensure brand identity elements are utilized effectively across all mediums and channels.
3. Design new format for electronic delivery of the business building content we deliver to small business owners.
4. Make recommendations to enhance existing website and work on design elements for sites for two new ventures.
5. Design and create HTML email newsletters for prospect and client communications.
6. Design and create presentations.
7. Create a library of all company identity package elements.
8. Handle other requests as assigned.
9. Work independently and as part of the overall marketing team.
10. Handle other duties as assigned.
RequirementsThe ideal intern will:
*Consider part or full time internship with at least 25% of working hours between 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Eastern time
*Be able to execute intern professional development and learning plan
*Have strong knowledge of branding best practices
*Be willing to learn and understand the characteristics and needs of our target markets.
*Possess the ability to process, understand and interpret business requirements as they relate to design assignments.
*Be experienced with Microsoft Office, including Powerpoint. Familiarity with Wordpress and social media applications desired. Knowledge or prior use of Photoshop and Illustrator desired
*Demonstrate the appropriate sense of urgency
*Be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost care
*Have strong familiarity with web-based applications
*Be focused on results
*Participate in an Executive Daily Huddle by phone
*Be able to work effectively in a virtual, work environment (be able to work remotely, using your own computer)