Graphic Design InternBookmark This
NewSpace Global, LLC (“NSG”) is a for-profit startup that brings critical information on the commercial space (or “NewSpace”) industry to its customers, so they can make better-informed decisions. We maintain three live indices tracking over 500 companies and, through our Observer database, provide company-by-company information and analysis for every privately-held company on the indices. We also publish a monthly market tracking report called Thruster and run the daily news source NewSpace Watch. NSG’s current customers include investment funds, Fortune 500s, high net worth individuals, major universities, students, entrepreneurs, law firms, consultants, government agencies, and conference organizers. NewSpace Global has been featured by CNN, CNBC, Fox News, Le Temps, USA Today, Euromoney, Millionaire Asia, Le Monde, Süddeutsche Zeitung, and Huffington Post. For more information, please visit us at www.newspaceglobal.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
The Creative Team at NewSpace Global is looking for highly motivated, sharp, detail-oriented interns to help in designing various print and web-based products, including infographics, print layouts, and innovative online products. We strongly prefer that you receive college credit, but this isn’t a deal-breaker if you’re the right candidate.
We operate out of a “virtual office”, so you’ll be working from the comfort of your own home. This means you must be focused, organized, good at time management and flexible with impeccable follow-through. This also means that you must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Also, we’re a startup, so you should expect an entrepreneurial environment, be able to handle change gracefully, be prepared to ask lots of questions and give your input, and be fun to work with.
Please email email@example.com with your portfolio/resume and a brief cover letter that describes (a) why you wish to work at NewSpace Global, (b) why you’ll be able to work well remotely, and (c) your specific availability. The position is unpaid, but a successful intern will gain valuable hands-on experience, glowing professional recommendations and academic credit (if applicable). We highly value our interns and many decide to continue working with us after their internships end.
Responsibilities1. Report directly to the Creative Director
2. Design infographics, prepare images, and lay out articles for Thruster
3. Generate graphics to keep the company press page up-to-date
4. Generate and update charts for in-depth reports analyzing NewSpace companies
5. Design graphics, prepare images, and layout presentations using Prezi
6. Design mockups for exciting online features being developed for www.newspaceglobal.com
Requirements1. Sharp creative eye and attention to detail
2. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, Fireworks, InDesign, and Illustrator
3. Excellent multitasker, highly organized, meticulous, good at time management and prioritizing tasks
4. Good communications skills
5. Experience with Prezi or other presentation tools strongly preferred
6. Experience with web design/development technologies such as HTML, CSS, PHP, Drupal or other CMS preferred
7. Experience with video-editing programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro preferred