Graphic Design Intern (Unpaid/Contract)Bookmark This
104 Oxmoor Media
DescriptionLuxe Media, an independent marketing and design agency, is currently seeking a graphic artist intern who is talented, reliable, and team-oriented. Interested candidates should have hands on design experience via school and or work training with a portfolio showcasing their work. The intern will work directly with the Sr. Graphic Design Director as well as with other executives and lead team members to provide creative artwork for design projects. You will get hands-on experience and education from our Design Director that will be invaluable in your future career.
We have designed this internship to be the internship we wish we had. Come learn from us the things that you need to know to succeed as a designer in the real world.
This is an unpaid internship. However, if your work is of a high enough quality, you will have the opportunity to bid on contract work (design jobs that the firm gets). This will be paid work. We will also be hiring the right interns into our firm, so the internship can be a stepping stone to a paid position with our firm. This is not a guarantee that doing an internship with Luxe Media will lead to a paid position - not all interns will be offered paid positions. To reiterate:
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
- Luxe Media and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.
Benefits of internship:
- flexible schedule, can work remotely
- if your college or institution offers credit for internships, we will work with you to fulfill your school’s internship credit requirements
- improve your portfolio with work for real clients (not just student projects). These are what future employers are looking for, and this will help your future job prospects.
- receive one-on-one training and supervision from experienced and successful Sr. Graphic Design Director
- portfolio/resume review and feedback by Sr. Graphic Design Director
- learn valuable business skills
- access to educational materials that we will provide to you. this includes in-depth online marketing conversion and direct response marketing training for designers
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the Luxe Media, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- Learn to work virtually, and prove to other employers that you can do this - a valuable skill in today’s business world where companies are increasingly wanting you to work virtually. This will also make it easier to for you to attend school, work another job, etc. while gaining internship experience.
The intern will work directly with the Sr. Graphic Design Director as well as with other executives and lead team members to provide creative artwork for design projects.
Requirements• Job Qualifications:
-Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
-Great Multi-Tasker who can work on and prioritize several events simultaneously
-Responsible and organized - be able to be accountable for completion of projects
-Candidates must be fluent in industry standard programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,, etc.
-Some web design experience a plus
-Some paid projects in portfolio a plus
-Person should own their own laptop and have the ability to work remotely.
Those interested in applying should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send any attachments.
Include in your email:
1. Important: let us know where you saw this internship posting
2. An explanation of who you are and how this internship could benefit you. Also tell us about why you would be a good fit for this internship position.
3. Send us a link to your online design portfolio. Unfortunately we cannot accept any applications that do not include a link to samples of your work. Make sure your portfolio includes explanations of the pieces in your portfolio in narrative format. Here is an example of a project description in narrative format:
‘Sabadì is a brand that mainly focuses, since its birth, to eatables that have a magic inside.
The first product that came out of this brand is a “cioccolato di Modica”, a typical sicilian way of making chocolate, in this case made by extraordinary cocoa selected in Ecuador, in six combinations with strong personality. The raw materials used come from fair trade producers and Slow Food presidia with respect for small indigenous communities, the environment and biodiversity.
We started by studying and designing the logo and entire brand identity, that had to match owner’s mood about business and life in general. Sabadì (sounds like Saturday in Italian) is “… perhaps the day that does not exist… the day when we slow down, we reflect on what is really important…”.
We then developed its first chocolate collection designing 6 characters, 6 packages and a crowner.’ -by Happy Centro http://www.behance.net/gallery/Sabad/2757117
DO NOT SEND ANY ATTACHMENTS. No attachments in response to this posting will be opened.