Part Time Graphic Designers and Illustrators for Small Fashion Start UpZephs Wrath NYC
Graphic Design Internship/Website Content MangementWorld Be Free Campaign
Graphic Design - Entertainment IndustryChophouze Productions LLC
Youth Ministry Multimedia InternshipColorado Community Church
Video design internChildren's Hospitals National Foundation
Graphic Design InternshipBookmark This
5455 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1280
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionPosition: Graphic Design Intern (unpaid internship)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: This is a un-paid, part-time position, with the possibility of becoming full-time should the need arise. Candidate works with the communications team to conceptualize design pieces for use in both print and online. Projects include the design of brochures and longer publications, Web site design, and other digital communications including email blast design.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design and create brochures, email communication, one-page country activity summaries, reports and other printed promotional materials
• Update and edit RI’s Web site content and photography
• Assist with various design layouts and promotional online and printed materials
Qualifications & requirements:
• Currently working on or having completed a degree in graphic design, graphic communications, or related field.
• Experience in print, website and social media design
• Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Dreamweaver/html knowledge is a plus.
• Comfortable working on a PC platform or able to provide their own laptop.
• Must have the ability to juggle several projects at one time while meeting respective deadlines.
• Willingness to take direction and responds well to constructive criticism and creative notes.
• Ability to think critically so as to provide design ideas, to take the initiative on creative projects and maximize the communication team’s contribution to RI’s mission.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Good organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Interest in international development and relief efforts and a strong commitment to local and global social justice
To apply: Please submit CV/resume, cover letter and a sample of your work.