Graphic Design InternshipBookmark This
June Media Inc.
209 W. Jackson
DescriptionJune Media is a rapidly expanding online media company based in Northbrook, Illinois that focuses on women’s topics. Its main properties are Recipe4Living, SavvyFork, FitandFabLiving, and Work It, Mom!, which receive over 1.1 million unique monthly visitors. We are currently seeking interns who are ready and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable working in the realms of food, fashion, and lifestyle publishing.
Graphic design interns will work closely with the editorial team to ensure the highest quality visual representation of our brands and web properties.
Responsibilities• Design graphics for use in our social media, newsletters, giveaway campaigns etc.
• Help to redesign our 10 newsletters and their mastheads
• Attend meetings and brainstorm new site and design ideas for our company
• Work with the editorial team to understand how both the visual and written aspects of content come together
• Observe editorial process of a food/fashion/lifestyle online media company
• Have fun! We are a social bunch of foodies and fashionistas who love to work and play as a team!
RequirementsQualified candidates should have:
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Social media adeptness
• Proficient in graphic design software like Photoshop
• Knowledge and interest in our content areas
• The ability to work 20-25 hours per week in our Northbrook location
• A degree-in-progress in one of the following: Communications, Graphic Design, Visual Marketing, or other comparable field