Graphic Design InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad St 14th floor
DescriptionThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Graphic Design area. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• How to create compelling marketing communications across both print and web mediums.
• The proper way to release final art files for web and print production.
• Develop a strong understanding of online, email, and print campaigns.
What you will do:
1. Assist in the design/layout of print collateral.
2. Prepare files for press.
3. Flow copy.
4. Maintain The Philadelphia Orchestra brand look and feel.
5. Incorporate team changes in a timely manner.
6. Provide administrative support to the Marketing department as needed.
7. Assist in maintenance of The Philadelphia Orchestra website. Includes updating templates, HTML and CSS.
8. Design email templates with help of Web Manager.
9. Assist in online marketing campaigns.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Solid understanding of the print process.
3. Proven understanding of CS6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, DreamWeaver) and HTML/CSS skills.
4. Experience updating websites.
5. Able to take direction well.
6. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
7. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
8. Able to commit to approximately hours per week of time with availability some evenings and weekends for concert and/or event duty.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107