Graphic Design InternshipBookmark This
Princeton University Press
41 William Street
DescriptionThe Graphic Design Intern works closely with more senior staff to learn the basics of book design while assisting the department.
Responsibilities1. Performs photo research for book jackets
2. Learns to convert jacket files from jacket format to paperback format
3. Learns to prepare printer-ready jacket mechanicals
4. Prepares generic covers for e-book program as necessary
5. Depending on level of experience and skill set, may design some original book jackets
6. Develops business communication skills in order to navigate successfully within a professional environment
7. Learns about the process of creating a book from beginning to end
8. Sizes, crops, and manipulates images for book interiors
9. Assists graphic designers as requested
Requirements1. Education – an undergraduate major in graphic design or a closely-related field is preferred.
2. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform is required.
3. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and to pay attention to detail.
4. Ability to communicate ideas clearly.
5. An ongoing curiosity about trends in book design and in graphic design generally.
6. Ability to work well both independently and with others; ability to synthesize feedback.