Graphic Design Internship at Fast-Paced Non-ProfitBookmark This
Project HUGS Foundation
DescriptionDo you want to make a difference in people’s lives while gaining valuable insight into the inner workings of a non-for-profit?
Project HUGS Foundation is a growing non-profit organization and network comprised of doctors, hospitals and surgical centers. We’re on a mission to expand access to surgical care and resources for every underinsured person, across the country.
Project HUGS has a dedicated core team and is seeking an outstanding, motivated, team-player to join us during this exciting growth period and support the Communications & Marketing Manager with the strategic development and branding efforts of the Foundation.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio (this can also be a link) to: careers@projectHUGS.org
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will include:
• Create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions; discuss and determine layout design.
• Develop graphics and layouts for brand illustrations, company logos and websites.
• Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
• Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, and discuss them with the Marketing Manager, making necessary changes.
• Use computer software to generate new images.
• Maintain an archive of images, photos or previous work products.
• Develop innovative marketing design solutions for marketing materials associated with the Foundation: pamphlets, press kits, event flyers, website design and social media, while working closely with the Communications & Marketing Manager
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Must be pursuing or recently graduated from an undergraduate program focusing on graphic design.
• Have the ability to complete a project from start to finish.
• Be well versed in Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign.
• Troubleshoot website problems
• Experience with HTML/CSS and Wordpress, BlueHost and overall tech savvy.
• Have an understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Be extremely organized and have a great sense of time management.
• Work well under tight deadlines.
• Be highly detailed.
• Have a strong portfolio and elevated sense of design, color and typography.
• Have your own laptop to work on with Adobe Suite version 5 or higher.
• Position will work both remote and from Chicago, IL.