Graphic Design Internship for Start Up Company in AtlantaBookmark This
Baby Voice Apparel
DescriptionBaby Voice is a children’s apparel brand that is all about the voice of children in fashion and in our community. It is centered on the essence of children, free-spirited, important, delicate, and VERY active. A child needs to stretch, play, touch; we look to offer clothing that is fashionable and comfortable – edgy, yet not-restrictive. Baby Voice is also a one-stop shop for unique, earth-friendly, homegrown clothing, fashion, accessories, and products, the best this country has to offer! Not only does Baby Voice offer amazing clothing and quality products, we also use our platform to give babies a voice in the community through Project Baby Voice. One order at a time Baby Voice will echo as the premier website for children and humanitarians alike. The website (www.mybabyvoice.com) is currently being built; the holdup is the designs for the apparel.
I have hired one graphic designer, but the turnaround on 20 designs is taking too long so I’m looking for a creative, edgy, artistic intern who wants to build their portfolio and possibly be hired in as this company is going to take off and will need fresh designs often! I have the web designer, photographer, models, manufacturer, distributor and marketing firm, all that's missing is you!
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for apparel, marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards (or recently obtained) a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback