Graphic Design Internship with a Creative FirmBookmark This
Hoodzpah Art + Graphics
210 E. Balboa Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA
DescriptionThis graphic design internship is held through Hoodzpah Art + Graphics, a fast-growing and very creative design firm in Newport beach, CA. The internship is flexible but can range from 10 to 20 hours of work per week, which can be broken up between in-office and remote work depending on scheduling. But we do require at least one day in office per week. Working with us you are sure to get experience on how a fast-growing small design business works, and we don't mind sharing business secrets with you to help your freelance career too!
ResponsibilitiesThis position will give a design student or post grad designer the opportunity to:
• Get more familiar with the Creative Suite programs, short cuts, and industry techniques
• Help with production design involving ads, editorial design for modern, exciting magazines, and other layout work for exciting clients
• Help with creative design for things like CD covers, packaging, posters and more when the fit is right.
• If it is deemed a good fit, we often invite interns to help us come up with logo concepts for clients, doing group critiques after to help strengthen the concepts.
• Help post blogs on our website, which we can train for
• Help us create in house collateral
RequirementsThe team at Hoodzpah is looking for someone who is:
• experienced in the Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
• has an understanding of layout design
• is creative
• considers functionality as well as style when designing
• is willing to do production work and "fun" creative work
• doesn't complain about assignments
• isn't a know-it-all but contributes ideas in a constructive and open minded way
• receives direction without hurt feelings or frustration