Graphic Design/ Production Artist InternshipBookmark This
Global Village Concerns
6142 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA
DescriptionJoin a dynamic and fun design environment with lots of potential! Global Village Concerns is looking for an intern interested in graphic design and developing their creative strategy skills.
This internship will provide you with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience in graphic design, rendering art for various output purposes, creating fashionable designs for all ages and learning about the apparel printing methods such as screen printing, direct to garment printing, embroidery and more. We are looking for a graphic artist intern who is able to have some fun, multi-task and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and applying art to apparel, creating art templates, formatting for print output and delivering packaged files to printers. Most importantly, this candidate will need to produce quality work and collaborate well in a team environment. The right candidate will possess some of the qualifications below.
• Hours: 15-40 hours a week
• Compensation: College Credit
About Global Village Concerns: GVC is creating a fundamental shift in the way schools and non-profit organizations raise money. By developing unique websites and designing great apparel and accessories, GVC offers a unique social e-commerce platform and catalog of products that leverage online social tools to more effectively fundraise.
If you are the right candidate, please submit your resume, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Design and apply artwork to various styles of shirts, hats, bags, bottles, etc
• Create and/or manipulate templates
• Output and package files for the various vendors.
• Participate in lunch time games of HORSE and Ping Pong
• Create, organize and maintain an art catalog
• Assist in the creation of branded elements including logos, secondary marks, identity design elements, etc as requested
• Experience as a graphic / production artist working with apparel
• Print production, digital design a plus
• A wicked ping-pong serve or a mean jumpshot
• Detail oriented and able to multi-task
• Must be proficient in: Illustrator and Photoshop CS5 or CS6
• With basic skills in: Microsoft Excel