Graphic Design Residential InternBookmark This
Turtle Island Restoration Network
9255 Sir Francis Drake Blvd
DescriptionThe Graphic Design Residential Intern will implement designs for an array of print and digital projects including logos, newsletters, mailings, organizational collateral, brochures, signage, email marketing, social media outreach and video production. We are seeking a self-driven and responsible team player to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be able to follow brand guidelines but also be able to extend the brand to its fullest possible expression.
This person will report to the Managing Director, and will work under the mentorship of Barry Deutsch, an award-winning designer with over 30-years of industry experience. (See bio at http://ddw.com/#about-us=/section/deutsch-o-matic/48_barry-deutsch). The successful candidate should be able to contribute ideas, participate in meetings, and collaborate with others. The intern will also work closely with outside vendors and will have the opportunity to manage assigned projects from start to finish.
This position requires a full-time, six-month commitment. Working hours are typically 9 am to 5 pm with some evening and weekend work required. The selected intern will receive housing in TIRN’s newly renovated intern housing in wooded Lagunitas, California, five miles from our offices on national parklands.
The intern will complete specific projects related to supporting graphic design and outreach needs in the internship (about 75% time), and carry out ongoing administrative tasks (about 25% time). The intern will be evaluated regularly and will make a final presentation on his/her work at the close of the internship.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work closely with team to develop and execute ideas.
• Effectively schedule workflow on multiple projects and priorities
• Maintain style guidelines and apply brand identity requirements to drive consistency, brand management, and design integrity across all deliverables.?• Serve as point of contact with external vendors.
?• Build and maintain effective communication with all internal and external project stakeholders, including staff and vendor.
• Research and keep abreast of emerging design trends and practices.
• Design promotional and event collateral for print, web, and social media.
• Create graphics for website and other related projects.
• Bachelor's degree related to marketing, advertising, fine art, or computer graphics or equivalent experience.
• In-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop), Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office.
• Thorough knowledge of digital and print design
• Strong task-completion orientation and robust project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to function collaboratively in a team environment.
• Very strong eye for detail; concern for quality throughout design and production process.
• Must be a self-starter and have a strong ability to prioritize tasks.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Passionate about design.
• Creative flair, originality, and strong visual sense.
• Strong computer skills.
• Knowledge of photography, flash, and video editing software a plus.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a personal letter of interest that explains your interest in this position and include up to three writing, design or video samples to Chris Pincetich, firstname.lastname@example.org.