Graphic DesignerBookmark This
International Dance Commission
Stone Mountain, GA
DescriptionThe purpose of the International Dance Commission (“The Commission”) is to serve as a multicultural umbrella organization and resource pool for dance, worship arts ministries and dance companies throughout the world! It is also our goal to serve as lobbyists in various states on particular issues that directly affect the funding of faith-based programs, particularly those that target the arts. The Graphic Design Internship is designed to provide those with the interest, exposure to an international organization and give them the real world experience they need to succeed in their fields of study.
Responsibilities- Creates professional designs and layouts for promotional materials including: direct mailings, handouts, advertisements, posters, signs, logos, and other visual layouts
- Document best practices and update branding guidelines as needed
- Propose creative strategy in collaboration with marketing director
- Maintain a cohesive visual identity and implement branding guidelines
- Take inventory of stock materials and replenish as needed with approval of director
- Adhere to branding standards and guidelines
- Maintain a polished, organized, and updated design archive
- Coordinates production activities with printers, service agencies, advertisers, and vendors and review quality of final product before release
- Determines style, technique, and medium best suited to organization promotion strategies.
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
- Must understand the concept behind the visual identity of IDC.