Graphic DesignerBookmark This
The Black Institute
39 Broadway; Suite 1740
New York, NY
DescriptionThe mission of The Black Institute (TBI) is to shape intellectual discourse and dialogue and impact public policy uniquely from a Black perspective (a perspective which includes all people of color in the United States and throughout the Diaspora). The Black Institute will translate the “think” in think-tank into “action” through a head, heart and feet strategy: the head being research, data gathering, polling and academic partnerships; the heart being civic education, training and development; and the feet being on the ground organizing and issue based campaigns. TBI will change the discourse of public debate, train and educate new leadership and develop initiatives to build wealth, build power and deliver justice to Black people.
The Graphic Designer will collaborate with President, Executive Director, Webmaster and PR, Marketing & Communications Associate to develop a promotional materials for various campaigns within the institute. These materials will be used to spread awareness about the campaigns and their respective missions.
Responsibilities• Drafting logos and other promotional materials for on-going campaigns
• Work closely with Project Managers to develop designs that will potentially be used on t-shirts, flyers, email headers, etc
Requirements• Assist The Black Institute with the creation of promotional materials, including but not limited to logos, flyers, infographics, etc
• Two years enrolled in a Graphic Design or equivalent program and/or proficiency in graphic design software
• The ability to work with a team to create innovative and marketable designs
• The ability to take constructive criticism
• Ability to manage multiple projects and stay on task
• Additional skills in online advertising, design, video, basic programming, analytics, or mobile technologies are a plus.