Graphic Designer InternBookmark This
220 Davidson Ave
DescriptionJuiceTank is the newest and largest coworking space and incubator for innovative startups. We provide startups with an ideal ecosystem centered on collaborative space, essential advisory, and capital resources. This is a fun place to work where things happen fast!
If you want to learn and be directly involved with taking a concept and turning it into a real company, work on real-world projects and business processes for startups, and mingle with successful entrepreneurs from various industries, then JuiceTank is perfect for you.
The JuiceTank Innovation Lab Internship Program is an opportunity for the most ambitious students to gain practical hands-on experience working with some of NJ’s most successful entrepreneurs.
We offer work-for-credit internships to students that are interested in obtaining powerful connections, personal mentorship, and rapid career growth. You will be working on real projects for portfolio companies under the guidance of a knowledgeable, experienced and successful JuiceTank mentor!
Responsibilities• Produce quality work in a fast–paced environment within an internal process–driven systems structure, meeting deadlines and client expectations for quality, creativity, and accuracy
• Develop, design, and format rich interactive content based on customer instruction
• Work with other graphic designers and/or design supervisor to ensure adherence to brand standards
• Develop various user startup company interfaces and other JuiceTank–branded Websites, utilizing advanced skills in Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator that contribute to a high quality customer experience
• Collaborate with customers and design professionals in order to produce effective and accurate work
• Manage a project through all phases of development when necessary, creating concepts based on customer interaction, designing, revising, troubleshooting, and producing a final product
• Serve as project manager when appropriate, coordinating multiple resources and ensuring consistent communication and deliverables
• Complete associated administrative tasks
• Work closely with other design professionals to solve problems and communicate resolutions
• Develop understanding and competency in designing and developing for websites and mobile apps. Strong knowledge of html5 / css / jquery is required. Ideal candidates will have a portfolio of prior work however it is not required.
• Follow design standards, W3C compliance, and latest trends in design and development
• Develop creative solutions for specific functionality needs for web and mobile apps or sites.
• Work directly with innovative startups and assist in both technology and development needs. You will actually get directly involved with their products or services.
Requirements• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
• Design, Media, Arts, Computer Science Major Major/Minor preferred, but all majors may apply
• Link to your online portfolio is a must! Ideally, you will have a profile on Behance, Dribbble, or DeviantArt
• Be extroverted and a great host
• Have entrepreneurial spirit and love the startup culture
• Ability to work fast! Really fast!
• Strong computer application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop) and ability to work in a digital work environment