Graphic/Interactive Design InternBookmark This
36 E 12th St, Floor 6
New York, NY
DescriptionKargo is looking for graphic/interactive design interns who have cross-functional design skills and can bring value in developing web, mobile and print design projects for our premium publisher network.
Ideal candidates will have incredible design skills who can bring creative ideas to both mobile application design as well as original marketing ideas for gaining visibility in the marketplace and bringing value to our publisher partners. We are looking for candidates in their junior and senior year as well as recent graduates who have a portfolio of student projects and other work that can showcase their skills.
Kargo Design Interns will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced startup environment and build valuable portfolio pieces ranging from full-page in print advertising spreads to new designs for widely-trafficked and hugely popular mobile properties. Interns will be paid a stipend, and successful interns who show strong design skills and prove to be an ideal match for the company through the period may potentially receive a more permanent employment opportunity, including a full-time offer or full-time school externship with a stipend.
Requirements- Strong portfolio including self-started, student, and other projects
- Extraordinary product, interaction, and visual design talent, extremely detail oriented
- Courtesy and passion for building rich, new experiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet fast evolving deadlines; good multi-tasker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain your design decisions
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience with mobile, UI, UX and web design
- Proficiency and experience with HTML, CSS
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, and other next generation web technologies
Kargo was founded in 2003 with headquarters in Union Square, New York, NY and is the leading premium publisher network. We are the mobile partner for major media publishers which include Meredith, CBS, Univision, Billboard, Warner Brothers, NBC, and many more.
To apply, send resume and portfolios to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please type "Kargo Design Internship" in the subject line.