Graphic Design InternMajestic Creations, USA
Junior Graphic Designer - For print and web - PAIDOverEasy Marketing
Graphic Design InternCleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Graphic Designer/Social Media content managerElizabeth Craft Designs Inc.
Graphic Design InternshipManuka Sports Event Management, LLC
Photography/Graphic Design InternBookmark This
8720 N. Stoddard Ave.
Kansas City North, MO
DescriptionNorth is a growing lifestyle magazine based on the community North of the River in Kansas City. Monthly we feature current fashion trends, community events, restaurant reviews, travel destinations and so much more!
North is looking for an Intern who wants experience in all areas of the Publishing Industry with a focus on photography and graphic design. Responsibilities will vary anywhere from helping to cover events to assisting in photo shoots and editing copy. Some light account management may also be required. You will work closely with the Publishing Editor and the Creative Director.
Hours are flexible and while the position is unpaid there will be opportunities to receive tickets to select events and other benefits as well as potential for growth with the magazine. There is also opportunity for compensation by earning commission through advertising sales if you so choose.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for North Magazine and advertisers, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Have the potential to deliver photos that clearly tell the desired story
- Knowledge of photography cameras and equipment
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback