RapidSOS Design InternBookmark This
DescriptionJoin an exciting team led by two venture capitalists, a Harvard MBA, an MIT PhD nuclear engineer, and a Columbia electrical engineering in transforming emergency communication. Collectively our team has helped commercialize over 60 companies to date, developed mission critical code at two national labs, and helped raise over $4 billion for rapidly growing companies. We are currently tackling the mission-critical challenge of emergency communication. Technology has dramatically changed our lives over the last 50 years, yet when we need it most, in mission critical, life threatening situations, we rely on the out-dated PSTN telephone network. 26% of mobile 911 calls in the state of California don't get through, 50% of all 911 calls have inaccurate location data--we think we can do better.
We are looking for a talented and motivated design student to join our team for a summer internship. The intern will work closely with the RapidSOS founders to assist with the development of the Company’s front-end customer web portal as well as various social media initiatives and other aspects of graphical design. The intern will have the opportunity to work on the ground level of a rapidly growing tech start-up. The intern will collaborate closely with the Company’s co-founders as we thinking about developing an integrated marketing and design strategy.
Responsibilities• Intern will assist RapidSOS in building out the Company’s user interface and assist with various graphic design efforts
• Intern will work in Adobe or similar software to assist the Company with app and website design
• Unpaid internship (RapidSOS team is happy to assist students in securing course credit at their university if available)
• 10-week internship with opportunity for extension (flexible start and end date)
• 10-hour per week minimum commitment with potential for additional work depending on the intern’s availability (i.e. can be either a part-time or full-time position based on the intern's availability).
• Unfortunately RapidSOS is not able to offer office space at this time for the intern so work will be “from home” with regular conference calls to review work, discuss strategy, and collaborate on projects
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Strong communication skills
• Experience or coursework in graphic design, including related software
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Interest in enabling a safer, more secure world
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 (if you do not meet this requirement please tell briefly tell us why your grades slipped in your cover letter)
• Please include a link to some of your design work in your application