Share your Graphic Design and Creative Media visionBookmark This
2121 15th Street North
DescriptionDo you like making copies and fetching coffee? If so, this is NOT the internship for you!
Living Vicky is a nonprofit that provides an online and in-person program for young women transitioning from high school to whatever comes next. We’re a startup with a small staff and a big vision; work hours are flexible and will take place in Arlington, VA, Washington, DC and remotely. This unpaid internship can be completed for school credit, however, there is an opportunity to market yourself for a paid sponsorship.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will complete the following job functions:
1. Participating in the creation of an overall marketing plan for the organization
2. Develop creative content for social media platforms
3. Design materials to promote mission awareness and fundraising
4. Work with team to create advertising materials and other marketing communications
RequirementsWe’d like an intern to help create and manage our existing creative materials for branding and marketing, as well as design new materials for online and print consumption. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an organization and have a real impact on its media strategy and operations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about women’s empowerment and has the following experience or characteristics:
• Pursuing a degree in graphic design or a related field
• Experience creating infographics and designing marketing materials
• Social media platform skills with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Tumblr
• Ability to blend pragmatic goals with artistic content
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Sharp, go-getter attitude
This internship can be completed for school credit.