Web Design InternBookmark This
1st Position Marketing
2008 Thorn Crest Drive
DescriptionWe are seeking to fill several part-time, unpaid intern positions to work approximately 20 hrs. per week- but this is flexible- designing/redesigning and developing websites.
This is a start-up agency so each intern will have a chance to get real, hands-on experience of building and shaping a brand that will put your creative muscles to the test. You will be given real responsibilities and have a chance to put your imprint on our new brand as well as clients' brands.
Intern candidates include:
College student with a background in one of the following:
- Marketing Advertising, or Public Relations,
- Graphic Design or Web Design
- Internet Marketing
While working on various design projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and develop or enhance skills in the following areas: graphic design, web design, illustration, marketing, customer service, team-building, project management, problem-solving, and leadership. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience for your portfolio.
Upon successful completion of your internship, we will provide a job recommendation. Interns will also be given special consideration when applying for any open positions in the company for which they are qualified. For college students, we will also provide an evaluation if your school requires one and we will comply with the necessary rules and regs. to offer this internship for college credit.
Responsibilities- Design websites, landing pages, Call to Action buttons/graphics and other graphics for websites (the agency's new website will be your first project)
- Design background and header images for social media pages/profiles
- Design email marketing and email newsletter templates to match websites
- Find/create images for blogs and websites
- Manage projects- must be able to communicate with both our agency and our clients
RequirementsQualified interns must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Web development, HTML/CSS coding knowledge
- Adobe Creative Suite or other design program knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of how to build and customize a Word Press, Joomla, or Drupal based website
- Drawing/sketching skills are a major plus
- Creative vision and ability
- Dependable- able to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior time management and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Documents, Gmail and project mgmt. software -
Basecamp or PM software in Google Apps.
- Web development, HTML/CSS coding knowledge is a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail