Web Design InternBookmark This
NewSpace Global, LLC (“NSG”) is a for-profit startup that brings critical information on the commercial space (or “NewSpace”) industry to its customers, so they can make better-informed decisions. We maintain three live indices tracking over 500 companies and, through our Observer database, provide company-by-company information and analysis for every privately-held company on the indices. We also publish a monthly market tracking report called Thruster and run the daily news source NewSpace Watch. NSG’s current customers include investment funds, Fortune 500s, high net worth individuals, major universities, students, entrepreneurs, law firms, consultants, government agencies, and conference organizers. NewSpace Global has been featured by CNN, CNBC, Fox News, Le Temps, USA Today, Euromoney, Millionaire Asia, Le Monde, Süddeutsche Zeitung, and Huffington Post. For more information, please visit us at www.newspaceglobal.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
The Creative Team at NewSpace Global is looking for highly motivated, sharp, detail-oriented interns to help with various web-based design projects, including the development of innovative online products. We strongly prefer that you receive college credit, but this isn’t a deal-breaker if you’re the right candidate.
We operate out of a “virtual office”, so you’ll be working from the comfort of your own home. This means you must be focused, organized, good at time management and flexible with impeccable follow-through. This also means that you must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Also, we’re a startup, so you should expect an entrepreneurial environment, be able to handle change gracefully, be prepared to ask lots of questions and give your input, and be fun to work with.
Please email email@example.com with your portfolio/resume and a brief cover letter that describes (a) why you wish to work at NewSpace Global, (b) why you’ll be able to work well remotely, and (c) your specific availability. The position is unpaid, but a successful intern will gain valuable hands-on experience, glowing professional recommendations and academic credit (if applicable). We highly value our interns and many decide to continue working with us after their internships end.
Responsibilities1. Assist with a complete redesign of the company website, updating its look and bringing it in line with modern standards for mobile and tablet viewing
2. Assist with the design and development of new features being added to the company website.
3. Assist with the design and layout of the online version of Thruster, our monthly market tracking report.
4. Assist with the creation and maintenance of company presentations, usually using Prezi.
5. Design and update HTML emails sent to company subscribers every month.
6. Create, update, and adjust images or graphics as needed by company personnel in other departments.
2. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator
3. Experience with web development technologies such as PHP, and designing/theming within CMS’s such as Drupal
4. Experience with implementing the principle of responsive design strongly preferred
5. Experience with Prezi or other presentation tools strongly preferred
6. Experience with video-editing programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro preferred