Web Design InternshipBookmark This
Children's National Medical Center
801 Roeder Road
Silver Spring, MD
DescriptionAt Children’s National Medical Center, we challenge ourselves to think bigger and different, to be innovative, and to continually improve health care for kids. For the web team, our challenge is no different. Serving a global audience, our websites provide information, inspiration, and ways to become involved. Join us while we re-vamp our web sites using the latest in web technologies and ultimately, better serve our children.
As a web design intern, you will have the opportunity to utilize your graphics skills while gaining experience in creating banners, web pages, email templates, and more. This hands-on opportunity will give you exposure to a creative web environment, experience working with design tools, and build your web design portfolio.
Internships are offered to candidates for a three month period, or equal to the duration of one college or university semester.
The internship is part-time and unpaid and may be completed for credit. Both the hospital and the department’s off-site office in Silver Spring are metro accessible (Red Line).
Responsibilities• Working with various graphics and editing applications
• Assisting with social media integration
• Creating banners, templates, new pages as needed
• Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of childrensnational.org website
Requirements• Be self-motivated and highly organized
• Have at least 10 hours/week to commit to the internship
• Have proven graphic/ web design skills
• Be interested in learning web design for an enterprise website
• Be experienced using Adobe suite and other web design tools
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus