Graphic Design InternJulie Blair Ministries
Online & Offline Marketing & PR Co.-Learn, How To Make Internet Profits & Deliver Internet ServicesBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Graphic Design InternRelief International
Graphic Design InternshipThe Rhinestone World
Graphic DesignTanya Olivia Events & Productions
Graphic Design Intern at NYC StartupProject DragonFruit
VIDEO EDITING Internship for Action Sports BrandFilipacchi
Graphic design internship at fitness start upWeFit Inc
Digital/Social Media and Communications InternBookmark This
The Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
225 Peachtree Street NE #1975
Posted: September 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC), headquartered in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, is a NCAA Division II conference. SIAC was founded in 1913 and today, more than 100 years later, the conference remains one of the nation’s most viable forces in intercollegiate athletics. The intern(s) will assist with the overall management of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Media Relations department. Responsibilities range from writing, editing and design of athletic publications, press releases and web pages to game management and statistical compilation at conference championships.The intern(s) will assist with the overall management of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Media Relations department. Responsibilities range from writing, editing and design of athletic publications, press releases and web pages to game management and statistical compilation at conference championships.
ResponsibilitiesSome of the duties of the intern/graduate assistant includes, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
1. Assist the Director of New Media & Communications in coordinating and directing activities of the communications department of the SIAC, which provides public and media relations for all SIAC sponsored intercollegiate sports;
2. Assist with the creation and development of interactive, unique social media content with an emphasis on growing social media numbers across all platforms and encouraging fan engagement with the SIAC. This includes creating unique social media content with a focus on in-game and in-venue interaction with potential to integrate sponsored elements.
3. Create original artistic concepts and graphic elements for the SIAC. Conceptualize,research, create, present, and make adjustments to graphic designs for publicity and marketing materials, including printed publications, electronic publications, web sites, advertising, direct mail, social media sites, and collateral materials, integrating design across mediums when necessary.
4. Assist with the design and upkeep of the conference website, www.thesiac.com.
5. Serve as the liaison with various other university departments in creating overall conference involvement with the athletic programs through promotions.
6. Assist in serving as a liaison between the media and the SIAC and other universities, conferences, and organizations.
7. Assist in coordinating press conferences and luncheons.
8. Assist with organizing and monitoring the appropriate press release of information regarding any news worthy event at one of our 13-member institutions.
9. Write and edit sport publication including media guides, magazines, recruiting brochures, and special publicity pieces;
10. Assist with the coordination of game day operations for all conference events and championships;
11. Assist with the book keeping of all conference championships (football (Pioneer Bowl), volleyball, men/women, cross-country, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, men/women track and golf).
12. Maintain and develop statistical data for all student-athletes using proper computer software.
13. Assist in the production of publications: media guides, weekly notes, promotional flyers, etc.
14. Assist in writing and distribution of press releases, feature stories and result reporting for applicable sports.
15. Maintain informative and accurate records as well as an organized filing system for designated areas of responsibility. Includes: news clippings, web searches and record keeping.
16. Assist with general office work; filing, mailing, correspondence.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Film & Broadcast Production, Mass Communications or a related field. Students still matriculating for a Bachelor’s Degree will be considered on internship level if they have advanced experience
• Previous experience in a college sports information office and/or newspaper writing experience
• Knowledge of Video Editing, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, HTML and Stat Crew is preferred
• Opportunities to work locally and remotely are available
• Must love sports
• Applicants should be outgoing, detail oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment and offering strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with coaches and student athletes in a diverse environment. This position is writing intensive