Graphic Design InternZAG Group of Companies
Graphic Design InternNational MS Society, New Jersey Metro Chapter
Graphic Design InternshipS.C.
Internship for Graphic Designer757 Media
Graphic Design InternshipMass MoCA
Fashion Creative Agency Seeking Talented Graphic Intern!L'effrontée
Graphic Design InternDesign Ninja Studios
Graphic Arts InternBookmark This
Shop & Support
3750 Susan Street
Costa Mesa, CA
Posted: July 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAt Shop & Support, we are always on the lookout for new energy and support for our work. Interns play a key role in helping us further what we do as an organization and in expanding our ability to fulfill our mission: Funding nonprofits through consumer purchases.
We love our interns. Each new team means a new group experiencing Shop & Support in a deep and unique way, bringing its history and experience to the position while learning a host of new perspectives and skills. Our goals for interns are threefold: that they grow as individuals, professionally and personally; that they help us achieve more than we otherwise could; and that they become deeper advocates of the work that we do and the individuals we partner with around the globe. The internship is not lacking in fun, but it’s also a lot of work. Ultimately, it’s about a cause bigger than all of us, as we strive to see change in others’ lives.
We are a group of passionate people doing what we love in order to show love to others around the world. We are often blown away by the opportunity we have to play a part in making this world better. As an organization, we are working to show that doing business and doing good can mean more, connect more, and impact more, than ever before. We are about creatively challenging outdated methods, and about finding and proving new ways to empower individuals and communities around the world. Because we know that with every life impacted, the ripples continue far beyond the immediately seen.
This internship will be demanding, but it will be ever more rewarding. It will mean working with strangers who will become close friends, working long hours in new surroundings, learning the ins-and-outs of the nonprofit world and social enterprise, pouring your heart and soul into projects you deeply believe in, and tirelessly spreading the message that with people’s purchases, lives are changed. Oh, and it’s really fun, too. And at the heart of it all will be the stories of the people, the families, and the communities that are strengthened daily by the work that we do.
Together, we will change the world.
Responsibilities- Work with design team to create all visual representation of Shop & Support
- Help to create web based graphics, print media
- Help design website interface and appearance
- Help with UI/UX design and interface with engineering team
SPECIAL PROJECT: Graphic Arts
We want to see your skills in action! Send us an example of your work that best portrays you. Your portfolio can show us your skills and what you’re capable of; with this, show us what you love doing. Who are you? How do you communicate that with your designs? It can be web or print design, and you can email the project to us or send us the link where it can be found.
Requirements- The ideal candidate will be pursuing a career in graphic arts and design.
- Have 2 years of field experience and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Ps, Ai, Id, Dw.
- Experience with website design and developer languages is a huge benefit.
- It is assumed you have a working knowledge of Mac OS, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office.
- Internship length and start date will be discussed upon interview.
- Internships are available in part time (20-25 hrs/week) or full time (40 hrs/week) capacity.
- Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Internships are unpaid.
- Work option include on-site (preferred) and remote.
- Our office is Apple run, therefore a Mac is preferred.
College credit is available and recommended for the internship. We suggest that you start talking with your school advisor now about the steps necessary for this. We are more than willing to fill out the needed paperwork to ensure that you get academic credit for your work with us.
NOTE: Shop & Support internships are designed for undergraduate students or recently graduated individuals. Although there is not a strict age requirement other than minimum of 18, college-aged individuals tend to get the most out of our internship experience.
Internship Application Checklist- Graphic Design
Please include the following for your application to be reviewed:
- Resume highlighting your education/work/volunteer experience
- Cover letter explaining what attracts you to Shop & Support and why you’re a perfect fit
- Answer 3 YOU ARE WHO? Questions
Please submit your application via e-mail at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU ARE WHO?
We want- we need- to know who you are! What do you like, what do you dream about, what drives you crazy? We want to get to know your personality, your style, and see what you’re about. Be honest. Be yourself. Please choose 6 of the following questions to answer- 3 in writing, 3 in video. Keep writing to half page or less per question, and video to 2 minutes or less per question. This is not a test on video editing or filmmaking. Please upload to a website such as YouTube or YouSendIt and include the link in your application. We’re looking for you to tell us the answer to the question in a casual way- think of it as your chance to send us a glimpse of an interview with you.
1. Why are you interested in social enterprise?
2. Is business the best avenue for social change?
3. What is the best book you’ve read in the last year? Why?
4. Tell us about one moment that changed the course of your life.
5. What is one thing in the world that makes you angry?
6. Who or what have you most loved and why?
7. Tell us about 3 websites that you frequent most.
8. What is the biggest need in our current world?
9. Tell us about the sweetest place you’ve ever travelled to.
10. What is one question you would ask us?
SkillsRequired - Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS X, Google Apps, Microsoft Office
Preferred - Website Design