MULTIMEDIA INTERN at TutoTOONS (Work from Anywhere in the World)TutoTOONS
Spring 2017 Graphic Design InternColette Phillips Communications
Graphic Design InternGBS The Beauty Store
Graphic Design InternWell Woven, Inc.
GRAPHICS & DESIGN INTERNSHIPHealth Connexions
Graphic Design InternThe Oliver Gal Artist Co.
Graphic Design Intern at NYC StartupProject DragonFruit
Graphic Design InternshipCharleston Magazine
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Plant With Purpose
4747 Morena Blvd., Suite 100
San Diego, CA
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlant With Purpose, a Christian development organization, reverses deforestation and poverty around the world by transforming the lives of the rural poor. For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in linking international community development and environmental solutions, working with smallholder farmers in strategic areas where environmental degradation and poverty intersect. Plant With Purpose currently works in Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Tanzania, and Thailand, employing an integrated methodology that combines environmental restoration, economic empowerment, and spiritual renewal. Activities include watershed restoration, reforestation, sustainable agriculture training, savings-and-loan groups, local leadership development, and supporting outreach efforts of the local Christian church.
Do you think design, all day every day? Do you see the world in images and well-designed campaigns? Are you itching to use your creative talent to engage others in a cause you believe in? If color palettes, Illustrator, and branding is your love language, you’ll be a perfect fit for our graphic design internship.
ResponsibilitiesAs the graphic design intern, you will take our branding and outreach efforts to a whole new level through:
- Conceptualize and design print collateral that effectively communicates the message and mission of Plant With Purpose
- Create visual themes for Plant With Purpose campaigns and events that adhere to and extend the Plant With Purpose brand
- Enhance Plant With Purpose collateral for distribution to supporters and community partners
- Collaborate with the development team to further efforts to communicate with existing and potential supporters
To apply, please send your resume, design portfolio, and the Internship Questionnaire to Kenzie Leas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Internship Questionnaire can be found via plantwithpurpose.org/graphic-design-intern/
Applications due December 1. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
Requirements- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Strong design aesthetic and technical abilities
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Web design experience, social media skills, and photography or video editing skills are a plus
- Adaptability and creativity
- Self-motivated, strong communicator, able to meet multiple deadlines, able to collaborate within a team environment, and willing to take direction
- Preferably working toward a degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Ability to be in our office in San Diego 12-15 hours per week
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to to offer academic credit for your experience.
Interested in learning more? Visit plantwithpurpose.org/internships