Web Design InternshipRETREAT Magazine
Layout & Graphic Designer (To start Immediately)Community Life
Graphic Design InternStimulus
Graphic Designer for Poster DesignEco Learning Legacies
Graphic Design InternCostco Wholesale
Graphic Design InternAusgold Limited
Graphic Design InternJulie Blair Ministries
Online & Offline Marketing & PR Co.-Learn, How To Make Internet Profits & Deliver Internet ServicesBrown Marketing Consulting & PR
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
138 N. Main St.
Posted: September 16 2016
Application Deadline: January 1, 2017
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/09/17 — 04/30/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSo you think you've got skills? Then we want to talk to you! Victoria Theatre Association is actively seeking Graphic Design interns!
RequirementsExcellent communication skills (written & verbal – writing examples are required), great organization and time management skills, good interpersonal skills, a desire to learn and an ability to work independently and with others. There may be additional requirements specific to each area/department. For example, graphics internship applicants must be proficient in the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign 4.0) and have a working knowledge of layout and design. Web design experience a plus.
These unpaid internships offer the opportunity to make networking connections, gain hands-on experience, and build a portfolio of work samples. A background in theatre/performing arts is not mandatory, but an appreciation for the performing arts is necessary to develop an understanding of and commitment to the position.
Intern tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• assisting with marketing and audience research projects
• various graphic design and layout tasks as assigned
• various copy writing, press release and other writing tasks
• maintaining press clippings files
• development and implementation of promotion/publicity strategies
• staffing special events of various kinds
• database development and input
• poster and flier distribution
• filing and photocopying
• professionally representing the organization to outside businesses through phone calls and courier duties
• supporting the group sales operation with various administrative tasks
• supporting education/outreach efforts with various administrative and greeting/coordinating tasks
• compiling and coordinating reports and other projects with Development
Hours: Each position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week. Schedules are flexible, but a specific weekly schedule must be set. If some interns are available for more hours, that’s great. Fewer internship positions may be awarded. Some evening or weekend hours may be requested.
Compensation: All internships are unpaid. We do provide free parking, mileage reimbursement for work-related travel, 25% discount at our restaurant, Citilites, and show tickets as available.
Please email a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the internship, a resume and 2-3 samples to Resumes@victoriatheatre.com.
The VTA Celebrates Diversity! We are an EE/M/F/D/V Employer.