Graphic Design InternDiane Forster, Inc.
Graphic Design Intern Summer 2017Keep Prince William Beautiful
Graphic Design InternPulse, LLC
Design InternVOX Global
Design ManagerTriton Performance Apparel, LLC
Printing and Design Company Seeking Qualified PAID InterniDesign Creative Services
Printing and Design Company Seeking Qualified InterniDesign Creative Services
Video Editor and/or Graphic Designer for Popular Artists in the Music IndustryThe Social Society
Hospitality Graphic Design InternBookmark This
The Brewster Inn
6 Ledyard Ave
Posted: May 20 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBuilt in 1890 by Standard Oil Financier, Benjamin Brewster, this historic mansion sits on the southern shore of Cazenovia Lake. Soak in the breathtaking lake views while enjoying the cuisine from their DiRoNA (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) award-winning menu. Selections include but are not limited to seared tuna, filet mignon and Colorado rack of lamb. Tour the Wine Spectator award-winning cellar which houses 17,000 great bottles of wine. Guests can sit at one of our 4 indoor dining rooms overlooking the lake or get a step closer by sitting on outdoor terrace or at the outdoor bar in the summertime. The property is dotted with rocking chairs and firepits in the warmer weather The inn also features 17 guest rooms, many with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, and lake views.
Although our company has been around for 30 years, we are going through re-branding efforts and would like an interested, excited, and creative intern to be a part of this process. Within this internship, you will work directly under our Marketing Director to create and execute unique graphic campaigns. This internship will cover web design, social media graphics, printed graphics (signs / event layouts / advertising materials), e-newletter graphics, video graphics, and more.
Depending on the interest of the intern, they can learn the many facets of running a hotel, restaurant, and wedding venue. They will be invited to test their hand at public relations, blogger relations, social media, full service marketing, photography, video editing and event planning if they desire to do so. They will be able to see their efforts unfold into polished results.
Although the internship is unpaid, we are able to offer paid opportunities in other areas of the hotel and restaurant should the intern be interested in such.
*Some internship responsibilities may be able to be done remotely if desired*
Responsibilities- Assist in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Assisting in the creating of attractive wedding packet for potential customers
- Will use graphic ability to create engaging and attractive social media posts, layouts and backgrounds.
- Will be able to have creative input on the graphic re-branding of a 30 year old company -- great work for portfolios!
- May work with our website designer to create a cohesive web presence that matches our new graphics look.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Will work closely with on-site marketing and PR person to create content and graphics for our monthly newsletter.
- May assist with other creative elements including photography and video
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback